Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Paint Second Life Purple"

This week, the Relay for Life is having it's "Paint SL Purple."

"Relay for Life for Second Life" will again present "Paint SL Purple" on May 12-20, 2012. Based on the American Cancer Society's Paint the Town Purple event, Paint SL Purple is the annual event that helps make those around the SL grid aware of Relay For Life and its mission. A paint bucket of purple textures and items will be available. A sky dome with a purple theme will be available during this week for teams to use for fundraising events and parties. Contact Blossum Bluebird for more information."

Listening in to the Relay chat, I heard of two places that were given the purple treatment. One was at the Lucid Dreams sim by Cy Whitfield, "Ok - I have just put down the textured purple prims on my club land. I can do the same for anyone else if you like - for free. If you want to see what I have done, come have a look: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lucid%20Dreams/17/194/22 ." And teleporting over, the beach sands were a deep purple, the surf licking at the colored grains.

The second place I heard of was at the Yia Yuto sim by Polenth Yue, "I'm done purpling! I couldn't do every last inch, so I made a really giant purple mushroom to make up for it. http://slurl.com/secondlife/Yia%20Yuto/128/127/36 ." Heading over, the place reminded me of a fantasy fairyland, with it's huge purplish mushrooms towering in the air. A notecard given to me automatically told me this was a community region, and I saw a couple others in a rainbow puddle in the middle of the forest of fungi.

The "Paint SL Kit" can be found at Sun Trap, (198, 158, 1502)

Bixyl Shuftan

No comments:

Post a Comment